Working Holiday Visas Australia
Working holiday visas is allow young foreign nationals to work anywhere in Australia for up to one year, and up to sixth months with any one employer. It is often the simplest and best visa option for those who wish to live and work in Australia for a short amount of time.
Is a working holiday visa right for you?
If you are between 18 and 31 years of age, without accompanying dependents, and wish to travel to Australia for an extended holiday, the working holiday visa may be the best option for you. You can work to fund your stay in Australia for up to one year, allowing you to experience the best the country has to offer.
Types of working holiday visas:
You may be granted up to three subclass 417 visas, each with 12 months validity, provided you meet certain work eligibility criteria.
The subclass 462 visa allows you to have an extended holiday in Australia and work to fund their trip. You may be granted up to three subclass 462 visas, each with 12 months validity, provided you meet certain work eligibility criteria.
Key Eligibility Criteria
In addition to fulfilling general requirements (e.g. be of good health and character), you must:
- Be between 18-31 years old (Canadian, French and Irish citizens may be up to 35 years of age)
- Have a passport from an eligible country
- Have no dependent children accompanying you
- Proof of sufficient funds
How can Smart Choice Education & Migration help you?
To ensure you get the most out of your time in Australia, Smart Choice Education & Migration can:
- Advise on work selection to qualify for a visa renewal (if desired)
- Advise on work limitations associate with your visa
- Assess your eligibility for other visas if you wish to stay in Australia on a long-term or permanent basis
- Lodge your application timely and accurately