+613 9005 1992 / 0402 667 815


Mon - Fri 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Visitor and Tourist Visa

Visitor and Tourist Visas

What are visitor visas?

The visitor visa (subclass 600) allows tourists or business visitors to travel to Australia and visit family and friends for 3, 6 or 12 months.

Is a visitor visa right for you?

This visa is suitable for you if you intend to come to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends for a short period of time (less than 12 months) and have the funds to support your stay here.

Visitor visa streams

Tourist Stream

The tourist stream allows you to visit Australia as a tourist for purposes other than business or medical treatment. You may visit friends, family, cruise or have a holiday. You may apply within or outside Australia.

Sponsored Family Stream

This stream allows you to come to Australia to visit their family members if you are sponsored by an eligible family member who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. This option may be more suitable than a Parent visa for short stays as it is cheaper (AUD 145), although a security bond may be required.

Business Visitor Stream

The business visitor stream allows you to visit Australia for business visitor reasons for up to 3 months. However, you are not allowed to work or sell goods or services on this visa. You must apply for this visa outside Australia.

Approved Destination Status Stream

This stream allows citizens from certain areas of China (excluding SARs) to visit Australia on a tour organised by an approved travel agent. Visitors on this visa must remain with the organised tour group.

Frequent Traveller Stream

The frequent traveller stream allows citizens from China (excluding SARs) who travel often to Australia stay for up to 3 months within a 10-year validity period.

Key Eligibility Criteria

In addition to fulfilling general health and character requirements, you must also:

  • Be a genuine visitor
  • Have enough funds to support your stay and leave
  • Not work or sell goods and services

Other requirements apply for each stream. Register for an appointment with one of our professional migration agents to discuss your eligibility under a specific visitor visa (subclass 600) stream.

How can Smart Choice Education & Migration help you?

If you would like visit Australia, Smart Choice Education & Migration can advise on the best visa option and stream for your needs.

For example, if you are holding another visa that is expiring and wish to stay longer, a tourist stream visitor visa may allow you to extend your stay.

Alternatively, if you are already holding a visitor visa (subclass 600) and wish to stay in Australia on a more permanent basis or wish to work to fund your stay here, our registered migration agents can assess your suitability for another visa and take care of the applications on your behalf.

Related Articles – Visitor and Tourist Visas

Related Services

Speak To An Agent

Contact Us Today For Free Online Assessment


Fill out the form below and we will contact you soon.

+613 9005 1992 Contact Us Today For Free Online Assessment

Contact Us