Business Migration Program – Business Visas
What are Business and Investor visas?
The business migration program provides multiple visa pathways for successful business people (business owners, investor and senior executives) to settle in Australia permanently and develop new or existing businesses in Australia.
Is a Business visa or Investor visa right for you?
You may be suited to a visa pathway under the business migration program if you would like to pursue business opportunities in Australia and have had a strong business or investment background in the past 3-4 years. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Owning a substantial business
- Holding a senior executive position of a large corporation
- Accumulating significant funds and investments
Types of business visas or investor visas:
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 188)
This visa allows you to own and manage a business in Australia, conduct business and investment activity in Australia or undertake an entrepreneurial activity in Australia.
Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132)
This visa allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 888)
This visa lets certain holders of the subclass 188 visa, the subclass 444 visa or the subclass 457 visa stay permanently.
State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner Visa (Subclass 892)
This visa allows those who have owned and operated a business in Australia for at least two years stay in the country indefinitely.
State or Territory Sponsored Investor Visa (Subclass 893)
This visa allows those who have held a designated investment in Australia for four years stay in the country indefinitely.
Multiple streams exist within each visa subclass. Our professional migration agents will help you navigate the options to find the most suitable stream and subclass for you and maximise your chances of success.
Key Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility requirements differ for each stream and subclass. Once you have decided upon a stream and visa subclass, our migration agents will ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria required by your visa pathway.
In addition to fulfilling general requirements (e.g. be of good health and character), key eligibility criteria for subclasses under the business migration program include:
- Score at least 65 points on the points test
- Be under 55 years of age (although this can be waived by a state or territory)
- Have an overall successful business or investment career
- Have a genuine desire to continuously own and maintain a business or investment in Australia
- Be sponsored by a State or Territory
- Meet certain fiscal requirements
How can Smart Choice Education & Migration help you?
We will provide tailored advice for all the steps involved in Business visa and Investor visa applications including:
- Assessing your suitability for a visa under the skilled business migration program
- Analysing your eligibility for state sponsorship from any Australians state or territory
- Developing a strategy by matching your business or investment background to the most suitable stream and visa subclass
- Assisting you in lodging an Expression of Interest (EOI) via Skill Select
- Advising on how to obtain documentary evidence for your application
- Reviewing your financial documents to ensure they are accurate and suitable for immigration purposes
- Lodging your application timely and accurately